The Recreation Department is a team of Health care professionals providing Recreation programs to promote the Health and wellness of the residents of the Peguis Senior Centre. Reporting to the Director of Nursing, the Recreation Facilitator works collaboratively and independently to provide services to the Residents of the Peguis Senior Centre in partnership with Residents, Families and Interdisciplinary team members. All responsibilities for this position will be consistent with the Resident Bill of Rights, Mission, Philosophy and policies and procedures established by the Administrator and the Board of Directors of Peguis Senior Centre.
- Graduate of Recreation Facilitator or Older Adult Certificate or willingness to complete within a mutually agreed time frame.
- Preferably have Health Care Aide certificate.
- Current valid driver license (Manitoba class 4).
- Current First Aid Certificate and CPR.
- Current Safe Food Handling certificate
- Advanced level of written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational, decision and problem solving.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a positive a positive working relationship within an interdisciplinary team.
- Ability to react positively within a constant changing environment.
- Ability to respect and promote a culturally diverse population.
- Ability to respect and promote confidentiality.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position on a regular basis.
- Utilize the Facility assessment tools for the initial and ongoing assessments of each resident assigned to them.
- Involve Resident and/or significant others to assess physical, social/emotional/cognitive and leisure abilities.
- Observe Resident’s behavior to assess functioning.
- Develop and document individualized plan based on assessment.
- Analyze, interpret and document results of assessment.
- Exchange information with interdisciplinary team members regarding resident progress and revise care plans required.
- Develop and implement creative leisure activities for individual and groups based on Resident interest, needs, wishes and lifestyles.
- Provide a recreation schedule that reflects all the identified needs of Residents.
- Assist Resident to be active participants in management of their own environment.
- Complete and/or review the Leisure Competence Measure Assessment bi-annually with progress notes on all assigned Residents.
- Complete the Recreation Care Conference review form prior to Resident Care Conference as assigned,
- Complete daily attendance records for each Resident.
- Communicate with all staff within the Facility to assure coordinated action on behalf of the Residents.
- Actively participate on interdisciplinary teams and committees.
- Work cooperatively with other team members.
- Participate in promoting a respectful workplace.
- Comply with Facility/Department policies and procedures.
- Comply with accreditation standards and regulations.
- Maintain adequate supply of materials and equipment.
- Participate in continuous quality improvement,
- May be required to perform other duties and functions related to this position description not exceeding stated skills and capacities.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and two references to:
Peguis Senior Center
P.O. Box 580
Deadline for Resumes: January 29. 2021