Peguis Jordan’s Principle is looking for eight (8) full-time Respite Worker (RW). The RW, under the supervision of the Peguis Jordan’s Principle’s Director, will support the parent/family in caring for your child by providing a temporary break while facilitating a positive and rewarding experience for your child.
- Provide respite services to Children in school and with Children in the community when school is closed
- Will work primarily with high needs Children
- Must be able to handle situations where Children are feeling stressed or agitated
- Charting and documentation for all client service provision
- Assists in the planning, transportation and implementation of day programming and scheduled outings
- Contact clients in-person, by phone and by Zoom
- Must have 1-2 years experience working with children
- A child care related certificate is an asset
- Experience working with children with special needs considered a major asset
- Time-management and organization skills, as COVID19 may require working from home at times
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Zoom and Outlook
- Required to work evenings and weekends
- Bonified Occupational Requirement: Access to a personal vehicle with a Class 5 license
- Class 4 license considered an asset
- This job is subject to a Drug Test, Criminal Record Check, Child Abuse Registry Check and Vulnerable Sector Check
Salary: $15.65 per hour starting wage (with room for pay increases) and benefit package included.
Please EMAIL, FAX or DROP OFF your cover letter, resume and two (2) references to:
Gerald McCorrister – Human Resources Director
1 (204) 645-2359
Fax: (204) 645-2360
Closing Date: Tuesday, October 13th, 2023 @ 5:00 PM
We thank you for your interest. However, please note, only a select number of candidates will be selected for an interview and will be contacted.