Peguis Central School requires a School Nurse for the 2021 – 2022 school year.
- Provide health services in the school and other outside classroom settings.
- Provide basic healthcare to students in case of injury or acute illness and advise their parents or guardians, and staff on health issues.
- Support students with chronic illnesses and disabilities by administering medication (e.g. insulin injections).
- Provide healthcare to students with acute or chronic health problems
- Conduct screenings and writing referrals for health services
- Educate students and staff on healthy habits, such as proper nutrition and hygiene
- Detect health problems in early stages through regular screenings
- Be aware of student’s medical history (e.g. allergies)
- Provide consultation to assess physical and mental health of our students
- Assist in developing and implementing health curriculum
- Promote health-related habits (e.g. proper hand-washing) and ensure compliance with provincial and community health practices and policies.
- Collaborate with administrators and staff in meeting the needs of the student’s case conferencing and create health care plans for students in need.
- Registered Nurse License
- Current registration with CRNM
- Child Abuse Registry Check (current within 6 months)
- Criminal Record Check with vulnerable sector search (current within 6 months)
- Current CPR & First Aid
- Up-to-date Immunization Record
- Knowledgeable and familiar with Group B of the Unified Referral and Intake System (URIS)
- minimum 5 years experience
Salary to be determined based on experience and education.
Send resume to Carrie Sutherland, Education Director, Peguis School Board, Box 190; Peguis, MB, R0C 3J0 or email: PSB.Dir@peguisfirstnation.ca