The COVID-19 Community Lockdown for Peguis First Nation is extended to Friday, December 11, 2020 at 12:00 a.m. Lockdown will follow 3-Day Lockdown increments, followed by a 2-Day Relaxed Lockdown, and repeat. These measures are in line with provincial Code Red classification for the entire province of Manitoba.
The Community Lockdown is working great and numbers have been decreasing. Peguis Public Health recommends continuing the lockdown until numbers reach 0 or single digits.
3-Day Lockdown Restrictions:
- Stay home
- 9:00 pm – 6:00 am Daily Curfew at Check Points
- No travelling within community
- Restricted access at Check Points
- Reduced staff
- Reduced business hours
- Reduced capacity in businesses
- Closure of all non-essential businesses in the community
- No visiting within community
- Stick to your household “bubble”
- No visiting with anyone self-isolating
- Please, if anyone is having any COVID symptoms they are to self-isolate and do not have contact with anyone until your swab results are back. Put a mask on and wear that until your results are back, health will have further direction for you.
2-Day Relaxed Lockdown Restrictions:
- Designate one (1) household shopper for essentials. Members are encouraged to travel no further than Selkirk (curb side pick-up), Gimli, Riverton, Arborg, Ashern, Fisher Branch for shopping.
- Only travel for essential services allowed
- 9:00 pm – 6:00 am Daily Curfew at Check Points in effect for relaxed days
- 9:00 pm – 6:00 am Curfew no travelling around community
- No visiting
- November 24, 2020, Relaxed Lockdown
- November 25, 2020, Lockdown
- November 26, 2020, Lockdown
- November 27, 2020, Lockdown
- November 28, 2020, Relaxed Lockdown
- November 29, 2020, Relaxed Lockdown
- November 30, 2020, Lockdown
- December 1, 2020, Lockdown
- December 2, 2020, Lockdown
- December 3, 2020, Relaxed Lockdown
- December 4, 2020, Relaxed Lockdown
- December 5, 2020, Lockdown
- December 6, 2020, Lockdown
- December 7, 2020, Lockdown
- December 8, 2020, Relaxed Lockdown
- December 9, 2020, Relaxed Lockdown
- December 10, 2020, Lockdown
- December 11, 2020, Lockdown
The COVID-19 Community Lockdown is expected to end December 11, 2020 at 11:59 pm. This may be extended at any time by Peguis Public Health.
Fines for Breaking Public Health Orders: R.C.M.P. is issuing fines to anyone who is not following public health orders put in place by the Public Health Act.
These fines include:
– $1,296 fines issued to anyone who is not following emergency orders in place by the Public Health Act. This includes anyone that does not self-isolate when directed by public health or to a homeowner that is caught hosting a house party.
– $5,000 fines for corporations disobeying the Public Health Act
– $298 fines issued for not wearing a mask in a public place
We need everyone’s support to fight this pandemic. Thank you and stay safe!
Peguis Public Health
COVID-19 Emergency Directory
- 24/7 Peguis COVID-19 Hotline: (204) 645-2869 or (204) 645-4738 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Peguis Health Centre: (204) 645-2169
- Peguis Housing Emergency: (204) 308-1324
- Peguis Website: www.peguisfirstnation.ca/covid-19
- Peguis Facebook:
- Country Rock Radio 102.7 FM
- Province of Manitoba: www.manitoba.ca/covid19